• Pet Travel and Relocation Protocols and Official Documents

    All pets traveling to Hawaii and other countries outside of the United States need travel papers to get into those areas. Hawaii and most foreign countries have requirements for pets before they can enter the respective country. Glenolden Animal Hospital has experience with importing animals to the European Union, Hawaii, Dominica, and Japan. We will also work with owners to establish the requirements for pet importation to any country in the world. This process can take up to 6 months to complete depending on the country and requirements. If you are planning to take your pet to another country we recommend contacting the hospital at least 6 months before your trip to insure that all the requirements can be completed before your date of departure.

    Glenolden Animal Hospital has and is authorized to sign United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) health certificates, European Union health certificates, EU pet passports, and other foreign documents that need to be endorsed by the USDA. We also work with accredited Rabies laboratories to document Rabies vaccine titers for those animals traveling to rabies free areas such as Hawaii. If your pet needs a microchip to enter a country Glenolden Animal Hospital can also help you out.

    Please call us today for all you pet travel needs including health certificates and vaccine certificates for domestic travel via air.